- Disney World Bus Schedules
Animal Kingdom: Disney Bus service begins approximately 1 hour prior to the park opening time listed for that day
- General Info:Disney Buses on average run every 20 minutes from all WDW onsite resorts. Resort guest bus stops feature signs with the destinations that are available and the bus marquees will indicate the buses' main destinations. Listed below you will find some of the general information regarding bus transportation from WDW hotels (including Swan and Dolphin). Character Breakfast buses start running at 7:00am, and run approx every 15 minutes. They have the flexibility to allow direct transportation to the theme parks, and area resorts. Please take note that all times are subject to change. If you have questions regarding transportation within WDW you should contact Guest Services
- Magic Kingdom: Begins approximately 1 hour prior to the park opening time listed for that day. Bus service for Character Breakfasts will begin ˝ hour before the earliest seating. The marquee on the bus will read "Character Breakfast." It should be noted that guests should verify with the driver which park the bus is going to for the character breakfast because there are different ones for different parks
- Epcot: Disney Bus service begins approximately 1 hour prior to the park opening time listed for that day
- Disney's Hollywood Studios: Disney Bus service begins approximately 1 hour prior to the park opening time listed for that day
- Downtown Disney Pleasure Island/West Side: DTD buses start running at approximately 8:30am. This is a combined bus stop located at Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island. The bus driver will announce the latest bus return time
- Downtown Disney Marketplace: DTD buses start running at 8:30am. The bus driver will announce the latest bus return time
- NOTE ON ABOVE: According to another source, Downtown Disney buses run until 2 am. These buses go only to RESORTS and not to the parks
- Typhoon Lagoon: Bus service will begin 1 hour prior to the park opening time listed for that day
- Blizzard Beach: Bus service will begin 1 hour prior to the park opening time listed for that day
- Monorails no longer allow front riders
- The Express Monorail runs between the TTC and the Magic Kingdom ONLY, without making any stops
Express Monorail to MK: 8:30am - 1 hour after the MK closes.
- The Resort Monorail stops at all stations on the loop, including the Polynesian, the Grand Floridian, Magic Kingdom, the Contemporary and the TTC
Resort Monorail: 7am - 2 hours after the MK closes.
- The Epcot Monorail runs between the TTC and Epcot ONLY
EPCOT Monorail: 7:30am - 1.5 hours after the MK closes.
- Do NOT ride the monorail in a rain storm!( it stops and waits, and is HOT and crowded!!!)
- This is an EXCELLENt DISBoard Thread Complete with graphics
- Magic Kingdom(MK), Wilderness Lodge(WL), Fort Wilderness Camp Ground(FWC), Grand Floridian(GF), Polynesian(Poly) and Contemporary Resort(CR)
- Ferry boats operate from the Ticket & Transportation Center(TTC)to the MK and return. Depending on the time of day 1 to 3 ferry boats operate. Ferry boats run from 0830 to 45 minutes after the MK closes
- There are 2 Motor Launches (GOLD FLAG) that run from the MK to the GF and Poly before returning to the MK. These launches run from 0830 to 45 minutes after the MK closes
- WL is now serviced by 1 Motor Cruiser and 1 Motor Launch (RED FLAG) and begin running each day at 0830 and terminate operations about 1 hour after the MK closes. These 2 RED FLAG boats run only between the MK and the WL
- FWC is now serviced by 2 Motor Cruisers (GREEN FLAG) running each day from 0830 until about 1 hour after the MK closes. These boats run only between the MK and the FWC
- RED Flag and Green Flag boats begin operations early for morning EMHs and run later on those days with evening EMHs
- The 2 Motor Launches (BLUE FLAG) on Bay Lake serving the CR, WL and the FWC begin service at 0645 daily. They both run clockwise until 3 p.m. and then reverse direction at 3 p.m. These launches run until 11:30pm
- Downtown Disney and Downtown Disney Resorts
- Old Key West and Saratoga Springs Blue Flag Boats
- 11am - 4pm: Hourly boat service to the Disney Marketplace
- 4:00pm -11:30pm: A second boat is added and service runs every 30 minutes.
The last boat leaves Old Key West at 11:00pm and from Downtown Disney at 11:30pm. NOTE: Bus service to Downtown Disney is in continuous operation from these resorts
- Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside use the Sassagoula River Cruise as a means of transportation to the Disney Marketplace Yellow Flag Boat
- 10am-4pm, approx every 25 minutes
- 4pm-11:30pm, appx every 15 minutes.
The last rivercruise boat leaves Downtown Disney Marketplace at 12 midnight. Bus stop location - in front of main building.
- Shuttle - There's a boat shuttle from the Marketplace marina to the West Side marina
- Epcot and Epcot Resorts (Friendship Boats)
- When using the Friendship Boats, plan on a leisurely (s-l-o-w) voyage to your destination. Walking is often faster but after a long day at the parks, a nice, relaxing boat trip can be a welcome change of pace.
- The Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Dolphin and Swan Resorts exclusively use water transportation to get to both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. TIP: The wait for Disney's Hollywood Studios boat can be daunting, especially when the park has just closed, the line is a mile long, and no boat's in sight. There's a very nice walking path to the resorts that you can use instead.
- Within Epcot:Beginning at 11:00am, the Friendship boats begin running. There are two runs, both originating from launches found at World Showcase Plaza. One goes to Morocco, the other to Germany. The last boat from the World Showcase leaves at 7:15pm. The last boat from the countries leaves at 7:30p
Port Orleans - Transportation
Buses Riverside and French Quarter share bus service. At peak times, those at the last bus stops
could be passed by if the bus is full. (Yikes!). Bus pick up is as follows:
1. (French Quarter) “Blues and Jazz” Platforms (located right outside the main Port Orleans Square building
2. South Depot (Main dept located on the right as you exit the
Sassagoula Steamboat Company main building, just outside the rear exit of
Fulton’s General Store.) "Blue Bayou" Platform: Animal Kingdom, Epcot and Downtown Disney
and "River Delta" Platform: Magic Kingdom and Disney Hollywood Studios.
3. West Depot, serving Alligator Bayou buildings in the areas 24-26 and 28-35.
4. North Depot, serving Alligator Bayou buildings 36-39 and also Acadian House.
5. East Depot,located behind Magnolia Terrace and also serves the garden-facing rooms of Oak Manor.
Boats This cruise runs approximately every 20 minutes and takes about half an hour.
This water taxi also runs between Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter.
Notes to Bridget
- Epcot Resort Area - (info from WDWMagic) -All times and distances were recorded on a pedometer, worn by the same person, walking at an average-to-brisk pace.
- Boardwalk Inn Resort entrance to Swan and Dolphin Resort - 5 mins - 0.2 miles
- Epcot International Gateway to Epcot monorail station - 15 mins - 0.53 miles
- Swan and Dolphin Resort to Disney-MGM Studios entrance - 18 mins - 0.83 miles
- Swan and Dolphin Resort to Yacht and Beach Club Resort lighthouse area - 7 mins - 0.28 miles
- Swan and Dolphin Resort to Epcot International Gateway (via Yacht and Beach club) - 12.5 mins - 0.52 miles
- Swan and Dolphin Resort to Epcot International Gateway (via the Boardwalk) - 11.5 mins - 0.49 miles
- Yacht and Beach Club Resort to Epcot International Gateway - 5.5 mins - 0.24 miles
- Downtown Disney Area
- There is a path between Saratoga Springs and Downtown Disney (about 10-15 min walk)
- Magic Kingdom Resorts
- Contemporary: Very short walk from the MK bus loading area to the Contemporary Resorts.
- Bridget - I will put notes to you in purple (for your review, correction and comments)
This will be deleted once you have had a chance to review
- Transportation Start Times :
- Buses to the Magic Kingdom generally start running at 6:30; to the other parks, 7 AM. Information provided by a Disney bus driver who posts on DIS Transportation Board.
- Disney does not strand Guests in/at any park. Transportation will run until all Guests exit. Note that this does not mean you can linger in, say, the garden area at the United Kingdom pavilion. At/after a certain time, Cast Members will cordially urge you toward the exits.
- Time between transportation pick ups:
- Buses about every 20 minutes (average wait would be 10 min)
- Monorails about every 5 min to the Magic Kingdom generally start running at 6:30; to the other parks, 7 AM. Information provided by a Disney bus driver who posts on DIS Transportation Board.
- For the purposes of this Itinerary I am using 15 minutes for bus & boats, 5 min for monorails, 20 minutes for boats.
- Sunrise about 7:12am, Sunset about 5:33pm